With the COVID-19 pandemic showing no signs of abating, HCL, through all its entities, has significantly ramped up its efforts to mitigate a humanitarian crisis. United in the fight against the virus, HCL Corporation, HCL Technologies, HCL Foundation and all HCL entities are working with urgency, moving swiftly across geographies, to reach populations most at risk.
With a skilled workforce and a dedicated on-ground team, our strategy encompasses the three pillars of RELIEF, RESTORATION, AND BUILD-BACK. Committed to collaborating with stakeholders across the spectrum, our endeavors scale wide and drill deep. Supporting Government action in Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka, we are establishing and scaling innovative digital solutions, setting up integrated control centers and helplines.
Through our wide network of NGO partners, we reach the most vulnerable populations, ensuring access to relevant information and essentials such as food, dry ration, masks, and sanitizers.
A quick summary of the actions undertaken so far, as part of this response is mentioned below:
TRAINING, CAPACITY BUILDING, AWARENESS & COORDINATION
- E-Pass Portal for District Administration, Gautam Buddha Nagar developed and powered by HCL - https://ipassgbn.azurewebsites.net/auth/login
- INR 5.6 Crore contributed by employees of HCL Technologies towards PM Care fund
- An integrated “all-in-one” control center to support the Gautam Buddh Nagar District Administration. 3 lakh+ calls answered so far.
- Partnered with the Government of Tamil Nadu to set up a state-of-the-art Disaster Management - Data Analytics Center. Over 2.5 lakh calls answered so far.
- Supported the Government of Karnataka to set up an Emergency Cell providing telemedicine and referrals for testing. Almost 10,000 calls address through HCL.
- Support committed for providing technical guidance and support to District Administration, Lucknow for setting up an integrated COVID-19 control centre in Lucknow
- 3,000+ frontline workers (ASHA, ANM, Anganwadi workers), 100+ Medical Officers & Nurses and 200+ Private Medical Practitioners trained across by HCL Foundation across rural and urban geographies working with young children and communities to ensure awareness, safety and healthcare services for young children and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Regular trainings on High Risk & Nutrition Risk Pregnancy, BMI identification based on the guidelines of MoHFW
- Under the Skill Development & Livelihood initiatives of HCL Foundation, 12,000+ youth and women have been empowered and trained in trades such as Assistant Nursing, Bedside Patient Care, Early Childhood Care & Development, Stitching & Tailoring, Fashion Designing etc. During this pandemic, these women and youth continue to utilize their skills and are supporting the COVID-19 relief efforts on ground. 25 Assistant nurses trained by HCL Foundation supported Yuvakendra (Skill Development Centre) were inducted by the Additional Commissioner, Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Chief Medical Officer, (CMO) and his team. They are now providing their services across 8 quarantine centers in Nagpur.
- More than 3,000 farmers in Hardoi, UP were connected over WhatsApp groups and content related to crop management and other allied messages were communicated through podcasts and video messages during this lockdown period. On-call advisory services being provided to farmers on requirement basis.
- Contactless Waste Collection System introduced in Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar along with training & capacity building of Swachhta Mitra, to improve awareness on preventive measures. Video developed on efforts of contactless door-to-door waste collection: https://youtu.be/gG7dvyYnL3Q
- Awareness messages spread through jingles to households, to maintain social distancing, wearing mask, washing hands, and following safety measures across all project locations
- Online workshops & Webinars organized regularly on various themes and topics relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic through the HCL Foundation Online Academy and other digital platforms.
SAFETY & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- 2,00,000 PPE kits to the State of Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- 2,500 PPE Kits provided to Hardoi District for safety of frontline workers
- 50,000 N-95 Masks provided to UP Government for safety of frontline workers
- 40,000 masks for sanitation workers in Gautam Buddh Nagar
- 563 Ventilators supported for State of Tamil Nadu
- 18,300 PPE kits for paramedics, doctors & frontline workers in Tamil Nadu
- 17,500 Coveralls; 77,000+ Safety Kits (Masks, Sanitizers, Gloves); 30,000 3-ply masks 4,000 N-95 masks; 9,500 gum boots for police personnel & frontline workers in Tamil Nadu
- Over and above, 12,550 PPE kits & 934 PPA Kits for paramedics, doctors, District Health workers & frontline workers across various locations in India.
- 2,100 PPE Kits, 200 HME Filters and 4 Temperature Guns for care of immune compromised children in Chennai, Tamil Nadu under HCL Uday
- Besides these, 5,857+ Hygiene Kits (hand wash, sanitizer, gloves, soap) have been provided to Anganwadi workers, immune compromised children and urban, rural & tribal communities across Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Maharashtra & Nagaland, Additionally, essential personal hygiene kits (2 soaps, 2 face masks, sanitary napkins and IEC material) were provided to 30,000 needy families in 3 blocks of Hardoi district, Uttar Pradesh.
- Regular Spray of Disinfectant QUATs based, no alcohol chemical to reduce microbes against SARS and other viruses in Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar.
COMPLEMENTING THE HEALTHCARE SERVICES
- 1,000 VTM Kits, 11,000 Antigen Tests, 110 Testing Kits for Automated RNA extraction machines & 2,500 Pulse Oximeter support to UP Medical Supply Corporation
- 1 RNA machine provided to Medical Education Department for IVRI Bareily
- 2,100 PPE Kits, 200 HME Filters and 4 Temperature Guns for care of immune compromised children
- HCL has partnered with the District Administration & Doctors For You (DFY) to Enhance COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Facilities in Krishna District (near Vijayawada), Andhra Pradesh. Support includes setting up and running of two 50 - bedded (100 beds) COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment units with swab collection booths, ventilators, ECG machines, oxygen cylinders, pulse oxymeter, digital BP monitor, syringe pumps, crash carts, medicine racks, and PPE such as N 95-Masks and face shields. HCL has also provided support for medical staff and paramedics including 2 doctors, 2 nurses, 4 hygiene technicians and 4 field volunteers working as general duty assistants (GDAs). Additionally, 300 health professionals are being trained on COVID-19 related management who will be supporting the operations and providing care at the treatment units
- Committed 200 simple beds in VidyaGyan Hostel – Bulandshahr, to support District Administration to isolate mild cases
- Setting up Rapid Response Helpline in in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Support for repair and running of 1 Mobile Medical Van, for community health screening and check-up of 6,000 women in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh
- 2 Mobile Testing Vans redesigned for community screening of Covid-19 and donated to District Health Society in Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- 3 Screening Booths at Community Health Centres installed to mitigate risk of Covid-19 in Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- L1 Facility at Community Health Centre Bawan upgraded in partnership with Schneider by providing Uninterrupted Power Supply and Battery systems in Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- 100 Infra-red thermometers and 2 state-of-the-art thermal imaging cameras with digital heat mapping delivered to District Administration, Hardoi for strengthening facility based Covid-19 screening
- 30 Pulse Oximeters provided as facility level support for Hardoi district to effectively monitor blood oxygen saturation in COVID individuals
- 10 ultra-modern Oxygen concentrators for supporting Covid critical care at Hardoi district
- 18,133 couples reached through home visits and telephonic support for Family Planning services; 2,237 couples provided Family Planning kits in Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar
ENSURING FOOD SECURITY & LIVELIHOOD
- 8.9 Lakh+ hot-cooked meals served (in Noida (GBN) & Chennai)
- 15,000+ Dry ration kits and 3500+ Kgs of food grains for community kitchens slum communities of Chennai, Bangalore, Lucknow, Vijayawada, Nagpur, Pune as well as rural and tribal communities in Koraput, Dhenkanal, Nilgiris, Pali & Jalpaigur
- Hardoi Kisan Producer Company Limited (a FPC supported by HCL Samuday) procured and distributed Seeds and various other inputs to 43,000 farmers
- 987 migrant families provided agriculture inputs including support for Nutrition Gardens and Kitchen Gardens.
- Facilitation support provided for marketing of 300+ tonnes of vegetable produce worth INR 35+ lakh via vegetable aggregation centres
- Animal health and nutrition related advisory to dairy farmers through toll free number 1800-1237-978 with the help of “Project Moo” Team and HCL Samuday’s veterinary doctors
- 2204 dairy farmers provided subsidized inputs for cost reduction to mitigate the effect of lockdown on dairy farmers.
- Women SHGs trained under HCL Uday have stitched and supplied over 7,100 masks worth INR 1.40 Lakh to IGMC hospital and 5 slum communities in Nagpur and 9,000+ masks worth INR 1.7 Lakh to NABARD, Army Cantt. Under HCL Samuday, 166 women from Hardoi were engaged in the production of 1 lakh face covers and earned Rs. 1,500 – 3,000 each
- 17,000+ masks produced and sold by SHG women in Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar
- Support committed for supporting healthcare services for 12,200 women, working capital/Seed fund for providing employment support to 200 rural girls/women in face mask production, revolving fund for 500 SHGs to support livelihood for SHG women and their families to produce 3 layered masks and other income generating activities in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh.
- 1,813 migrant labourers engaged across 3 urban mini forest sites and 18 pond sites in Noida for Cash for Work.
- Linked 76 artisans for relief support fund and facilitated support of Rs. 1,000 to from Creative Dignity Platform
- HCL also extended support to 132 poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable of artistes and art-professionals like instrument makers and others through Assistance for Disaster Affected Artistes (ADAA)
- 80 promoted rural General Merchant Shops (GMS) were opened continuously in Hardoi for providing essential commodities to the villagers with following of WHO guidelines
CARE FOR ELDERLY, CHILDREN & MOST DISADVANTAGED
- Care for 750+ elderly people in old age home and in vulnerable conditions ensured in through medicines, emergency services, dry ration and caregiver salaries. 600+ Dry ration support for abandoned elderly
- Supporting 1-month survival package of 276 elderly people and 1 Mobile Medical Health Unit for treating 15,000 elderlies in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- As a part of our E-learning initiative, HCL Foundation has created a repository of 12,000+ small size video content mapped with textbook curriculum and learning outcome. Over 4,000 WhatsApp groups including 19,000+ Teachers from Basic Education Department have been created which further reach out to 72,000+ children
- Support provided towards strengthening Child Protection Helpline (1098) for improved systems and capacities to respond better to children in distress due to COVID-19.
- Student Academic Helpline launched (18001200299)
- Regular food support for 3,250 animals in shelter and on streets in Noida and 120 stray animals in Bangalore. 1,37,000+ animal feeds served so far
- Care for endangered wildlife under care of Wildlife SOS in Agra and Mathura including feeding of 29 elephants, 168 bears, 70 monkeys and 550 rescued birds.
- Critical care items & feed for more than 1,000 wild animals and birds in distress during COVID-19 at the Prince of Wales Zoological Garden Trust (Lucknow Zoo).